For every question, there's an answer -- and you'll find it here!

Printer-friendly copy
Top The PC Q&A Forum Off-Topic Lounge topic #22428
View in threaded mode

Subject: "For those who oppose the war in Iraq" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Previous topic | Next topic
scaramoucheSat Mar-01-03 05:27 AM
Charter member
5094 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"For those who oppose the war in Iraq"

Reading this article might change your anti-war views. Well, maybe not Hal.

http://www.nationalpost.com/commentary/story.html?id={7595025C-DB3F-4C84-B6A8-BEE212B64BE1}

Guns don't kill people. Husbands who come home early kill people.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
BackflipSat Mar-01-03 05:34 AM
Charter member
202 posts
#1. "RE: For those who oppose the war in Iraq"
Sat Mar-01-03 06:14 AM

Yes an interesting article, I read it in the Telegraph when it first appeared. There is no doubt in my mind that Saddam is evil, almost beyond belief, but Iraq isn't, and for me...aye there's the nub, to steal from Shakespeare.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

ukmitchSat Mar-01-03 05:36 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2002
4314 posts
#2. "RE: For those who oppose the war in Iraq"

This monster's complete disregard for humanity ranks him alongside Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot.

And how he's enjoying it, and I mean enjoying it. With the support of France, Germany and those other two noted guardians of world peace and human kindness, Russia and China.

Outrageous!!

Mitch

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

robert70Sun Mar-02-03 11:22 AM
Member since Sep 28th 2002
324 posts
#3. "RE: For those who oppose the war in Iraq"

>>"text-decoration=none; font-size=small"]This monster's
>complete disregard for humanity ranks him alongside Hitler,
>Stalin and Pol Pot.
>
>And how he's enjoying it, and I mean enjoying it. With the
>support of France, Germany and those other two noted
>guardians of world peace and human kindness, Russia and
>China.
>
>Outrageous!!

Mitch: I do not think he is the only one enjoying this war on terrorism.

http://www.globalpolicy.org/wtc/analysis/2002/1111disorder.htm

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

hal9000Sat Mar-01-03 06:02 AM
Member since Jan 21st 2002
3876 posts
#4. "RE: For those who oppose the war in Iraq"

Yes, and he was embraced as the great friend and ally of both the US and Britain. Your continued wanton refusal to look a the complete picture really pisses me off.

The US backed KLO, committed brutal tortures in Yugoslavia. Chile's Pinochet, another US backed dictator tortured and murdered thousands. Many were tortured at a field while everyone watched. One man was a guitar player who's hands were cut off. They threw the guitar back at him, told him to play and laughed before they killed him.

Turkey, the scene of some of the worst atrocities of 1990s. Millions of people were driven out of the devastated countryside, with tens of thousands killed and every imaginable form of barbaric torture.  They try to survive in caves outside the walls of Diyarbakir, in condemned buildings in miserable slums in Istanbul, or wherever they can find refuge. Eighty percent of the weapons came from the US.  In 1997 alone, Clinton sent more arms to Turkey than in the entire Cold War period combined up to the onset of the state terror campaign – called “counterterror” by the perpetrators and their supporters, another convention.  Turkey became the leading recipient of US arms.

Colombia achieved the worst human rights record in the Western hemisphere in the 1990s and was by far the leading recipient of US arms and military training, and now leads the world.  It also leads the world by other measures, for example, murder of labor activists: more than half of those killed worldwide in the last decade were in Colombia. Close to ½ million people were driven from their land last year, a new record.  The displaced population is now estimated at 2.7 million.  Political killings have risen to 20 a day; 5 years ago it was half that.

The US continues to supply Israel with billions in arms while they have committed atrocities against the Palestinians who they hold under illegal occupation in violation of numerous UN resolutions, just like Iraq is suppose to be guilty of.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

ukmitchSat Mar-01-03 06:09 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2002
4314 posts
#5. "RE: For those who oppose the war in Iraq"

>"Your continued wanton refusal to look a the complete picture really pisses me off."<

I'm so desperately sorry that this should be so, Hal. My humble apologies.

Know you know what it feels like.......................

Mitch

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

hal9000Sat Mar-01-03 06:15 AM
Member since Jan 21st 2002
3876 posts
#6. "RE: For those who oppose the war in Iraq"

I'll bet you and scaramouche are sipping tea together right now...chuckling--with your little fingers extended.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

ukmitchSat Mar-01-03 06:28 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2002
4314 posts
#7. "RE: For those who oppose the war in Iraq"

Don't drink tea Hal.

But I do drive a Honda Accord - and I also watch TV, mostly Fox News, which Christopher Columbus brought back here from The New World.

Mitch

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

hal9000Sat Mar-01-03 06:31 AM
Member since Jan 21st 2002
3876 posts
#8. "RE: For those who oppose the war in Iraq"

How did I know that.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

scaramoucheSat Mar-01-03 06:48 AM
#9. "RE: For those who oppose the war in Iraq"

>I'll bet you and scaramouche are sipping tea together right
>now...chuckling--with your little fingers extended.

I'm looking at you now with my middle figer extended. Actually that's what I was tempted to say, but will refrain.
}>

BTW I was not endorsing the article. Just put it out for discussion. I, for one, do believe the veracity of the story.

Guns don't kill people. Husbands who come home early kill people.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

hal9000Sat Mar-01-03 07:02 AM
Member since Jan 21st 2002
3876 posts
#10. "RE: For those who oppose the war in Iraq"

"BTW I was not endorsing the article. Just put it out for
discussion. I, for one, do believe the veracity of the story."

You're not endorsing it, you just put it out and do believe in it. Someone needs a bitch slappin.'

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

Top The PC Q&A Forum Off-Topic Lounge topic #22428 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Previous topic | Next topic