For every question, there's an answer -- and you'll find it here!

Printer-friendly copy
Top The PC Q&A Forum Off-Topic Lounge topic #102380
View in linear mode

Subject: "Your holiday greeting choice" Previous topic | Next topic
OldRaySat Dec-24-05 04:15 PM
Charter member
1367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Your holiday greeting choice"

For Our Democrat Friends:

"Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2006, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great.

For Our Republican Friends:

Here's wishing all of You a

Merry Christmas

and a

Happy New Year

Ray

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Your holiday greeting choice
Dec 24th 2005
1
3
5
           RE: Your holiday greeting choice
Dec 24th 2005
6
                RE: Your holiday greeting choice
Dec 25th 2005
17
2
4
7
8
      RE: Your holiday greeting choice
Dec 24th 2005
10
      RE: Your holiday greeting choice
Dec 24th 2005
11
9
           RE: Your holiday greeting choice
Dec 24th 2005
12
                RE: Your holiday greeting choice
Dec 24th 2005
14
RE: Your holiday greeting choice
Dec 24th 2005
13
RE: Your holiday greeting choice
Dec 25th 2005
15
RE: Your holiday greeting choice
Dec 25th 2005
16
      RE: Your holiday greeting choice
Dec 26th 2005
18
           RE: Your holiday greeting choice
Dec 26th 2005
19
                RE: Your holiday greeting choice
Dec 26th 2005
20
                     RE: Your holiday greeting choice
Dec 27th 2005
21

npmclSat Dec-24-05 04:21 PM
Charter member
7501 posts
#1. "RE: Your holiday greeting choice"

Oh, now that's the real Christmas spirit.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

OldRaySat Dec-24-05 05:46 PM
#3. "RE: Your holiday greeting choice"

I guess tongue in cheek is an alien concept.

Ray

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

Paul DSat Dec-24-05 06:27 PM
Charter member
10207 posts
#5. "RE: Your holiday greeting choice"

Depends on who's posting the bile. If the cap fits...

Paul D

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

Ed W.Sat Dec-24-05 06:43 PM
Charter member
2754 posts
#6. "RE: Your holiday greeting choice"

We sure know you are the expert on that tactic.

Ed W.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

Paul DSun Dec-25-05 05:45 PM
Charter member
10207 posts
#17. "RE: Your holiday greeting choice"

And a Happy New Year to you, too.

Paul D

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

MykSat Dec-24-05 05:31 PM
Charter member
7491 posts
#2. "RE: Your holiday greeting choice"

Uhhh, Pagan who votes Republican here.

It's bad enough I have the media telling me that Republicans are right wing Christians when I know that only 20% of their voter base consider themselves that, but when I hear this from Republican right wing Christians who are so vocal that it makes it seem like more than 20% I begin to question if I should start sending my vote back to the Libertarians.
With as close as the elections have been do you really want to lose 80% of your voter base?

I suggest that even the right wing Christians get with the times and start respecting all religions.

--------------
History teaches us that history has taught us nothing.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

Paul DSat Dec-24-05 06:26 PM
Charter member
10207 posts
#4. "RE: Your holiday greeting choice"

RWCs may be 20% of the Republican voter base, but that's not an "only". It's well an truly a big enough vote bloc to carry them over the line when it's one of the most solid blocs in the nation.

Paul D

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

EdGreeneSat Dec-24-05 07:04 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2649 posts
#7. "RE: Your holiday greeting choice"

Why are Chrisitans driven to say what they say (whenever they say it on whatever holiday/season) they say it on?
What makes you want to cram your "joy" down other people's throats or, if they (the offended) get huffy, you go into fits and paroxysms yourself?
If they (the offended) get mad at you, why can't you be wholesome, peaceful Christians yourself, and say something like: "God bless you" (to yourself of course, since you've already pi$$ed them off).

Or why can't you just nod your head a little and smile at them, knowingly?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

pakoSat Dec-24-05 07:19 PM
Charter member
1844 posts
#8. "RE: Your holiday greeting choice"

We do it because we love you Ed. And want to share our joy with you, hopeing one day you will repent and can experince the joy of love in your heart too.

~~~~pako~~~~

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

MykSat Dec-24-05 07:28 PM
Charter member
7491 posts
#10. "RE: Your holiday greeting choice"

Actions speak louder than words.

Happy Yuletides

--------------
History teaches us that history has taught us nothing.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

giseudaSat Dec-24-05 08:07 PM
Member since Nov 17th 2002
1981 posts
#11. "RE: Your holiday greeting choice"

Bah..Humbug!!! LOL:

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

MykSat Dec-24-05 07:27 PM
Charter member
7491 posts
#9. "RE: Your holiday greeting choice"

In today's close US elections I don't think either party can stand to alienate anyone.
The RWCs (I like that abbreviation) need to learn what religious freedom means if they wish to keep their Libertarian and non-Christian voters.
Yes they need that 20% but they also need the other 80%.

Yes I realize the above was a joke but hidden inside of jokes are often painful truths. How long do they expect those who are not RWC to side with them while the "Liberal Media" is bombarding us with the "fact" that "all Republicans are RWC" and then we hear that from the RWCs who at the same time are quick to point out that the "Liberal Media" is just trying to get us to turn away from the Republicans?
I don't listen to the media on these matters, but I do listen to these "jokes" and their message comes across loud and clear.
I'm starting to seriously think the Republican RWCs need a good spanking to wake themselves up.

It's a Pagan holiday anyway. Jesus is NOT the reason for the season. They need to accept that fact and wish everyone a happy holiday, or even a Merry Christmas without the extra piles of religion shoved in.
I don't care if I get wished a Happy Hanukkah or any other holiday when the purpose is actually good wishes. But when those wishes are meant to annoy....

Sad thing is that I can wish a RWC a Happy Yule with the intent to annoy and it would sail right over their head.

--------------
History teaches us that history has taught us nothing.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

Paul DSat Dec-24-05 10:54 PM
Charter member
10207 posts
#12. "RE: Your holiday greeting choice"

I don't care if I get wished a Happy Hanukkah or any other holiday when the purpose is actually good wishes...

Couldn't agree more.

Careful, that might be twice this year we've agreed. It might be getting to be a habit.

Paul D

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

MykSat Dec-24-05 11:43 PM
Charter member
7491 posts
#14. "RE: Your holiday greeting choice"

The year is almost over. I don't think we'll go over our limit.

--------------
History teaches us that history has taught us nothing.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

GroganSat Dec-24-05 11:29 PM
Charter member
20650 posts
#13. "RE: Your holiday greeting choice"
Sat Dec-24-05 11:29 PM by Grogan

Merry Christmas, folks

I don't care if you have religion, or what religion it is, enjoy the holidays and your families. I think we can all agree on that one.

Grogan

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

MSUSun Dec-25-05 12:01 AM
Charter member
10815 posts
#15. "RE: Your holiday greeting choice"

Merry Christmas Grogan ctrees

MSU

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

Hank52Sun Dec-25-05 12:20 AM
Member since Sep 24th 2002
3358 posts
#16. "RE: Your holiday greeting choice"

Amen to that Grogan.

Spoken like a very "Nice" Human Being who doesn't need a Holiday to be Nice.

Ken:

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

EdGreeneMon Dec-26-05 01:55 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2649 posts
#18. "RE: Your holiday greeting choice"

pako: (what kind of person is it who doesn't capitalize their first name)?

Quote:
>We do it because we love you Ed. And want to share our joy with you, hopeing one day you will repent and can experince the joy of love in your heart too.
>
>~~~~pako~~~~

"Uh", "Happy Hanukkah"...and "Happy Kwanza" to you too!

Right now, I’m imaging the blank-unknowing stare, the dumbfounded, head scratcing look on your mentally infirmed face as you too late realize that “Duh”, both of those "Holidays" started today.
You did realize (know) that-right?

In any case: “Happy Hanukkah-Kwanza”!!

And for good measure:
"Asalamualaikum"!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

Paul DMon Dec-26-05 05:26 PM
Charter member
10207 posts
#19. "RE: Your holiday greeting choice"

pako: (what kind of person is it who doesn't capitalize their first name

pako and I may not agree often, but he can use any name he chooses in any format. That was a pathetic cheap shot

Paul D

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

MSUMon Dec-26-05 05:42 PM
Charter member
10815 posts
#20. "RE: Your holiday greeting choice"

And do we even know if it is his first name. Could it possibly be just a forum name like many use.

MSU

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

pakoTue Dec-27-05 12:53 AM
Charter member
1844 posts
#21. "RE: Your holiday greeting choice"

Actually, the official name given to me by my mother is "Bobby".
Over the years it has been shortened to "Bob". The name "pako"
just came to mind while signing up for PC911.

And, Ed's rhetoric doesn't bother me, I always get a kick from reading his
comments. I think of him as a very nice gentleman, but I will never tell him that.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

Top The PC Q&A Forum Off-Topic Lounge topic #102380 Previous topic | Next topic