For every question, there's an answer -- and you'll find it here!

Printer-friendly copy
Top The PC Q&A Forum Off-Topic Lounge topic #46255
View in linear mode

Subject: "Your Best Photographs" Previous topic | Next topic
npmclSun Oct-12-03 09:40 PM
Charter member
7501 posts
Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Your Best Photographs"

Now that we've got DavyWavy sorted out, is anyone interested in posting the best photograph that they have taken? Not necessarily of family but just a GOOD photograph.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 12th 2003
1
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 13th 2003
2
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 13th 2003
3
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 13th 2003
4
      RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 13th 2003
5
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 13th 2003
6
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 13th 2003
7
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 13th 2003
8
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 13th 2003
11
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 14th 2003
17
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 15th 2003
36
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 13th 2003
9
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 13th 2003
10
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 13th 2003
12
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 13th 2003
13
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 14th 2003
23
      RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 14th 2003
24
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 13th 2003
14
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 14th 2003
25
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 14th 2003
33
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 14th 2003
15
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 14th 2003
16
      RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 14th 2003
21
           RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 14th 2003
22
How about a really BAD photo?
Oct 14th 2003
18
RE: How about a really BAD photo?
Oct 14th 2003
19
      RE: How about a really BAD photo?
Oct 14th 2003
20
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 14th 2003
26
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 14th 2003
27
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 14th 2003
28
      RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 14th 2003
30
           RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 14th 2003
31
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 14th 2003
29
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 14th 2003
32
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 15th 2003
34
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 15th 2003
35
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 15th 2003
37
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 15th 2003
38
      RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 15th 2003
39
           RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 15th 2003
40
                RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 16th 2003
41
                     RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 16th 2003
42
                          RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 17th 2003
43
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 17th 2003
44
RE: Your Best Photographs
Oct 17th 2003
45
RE: Your Best Photographs
Jul 25th 2004
46

DaDwarfsSun Oct-12-03 11:01 PM
Charter member
1289 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

My tropical plants must be grown in pots so I feel I really accomplished something when they bloom.
Here is 'Ellen Bosanquet' Crinum after a summer shower
~~
UD/PC911 crunchin'

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

npmclMon Oct-13-03 07:49 AM
#2. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

That's beautiful, you caught it at just the right moment. This is my favourite, it's the Great Court at the British Museum.

Surely there's more of you with photographs that you are proud of, show them to us!

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

Carl DMon Oct-13-03 08:22 AM
Member since Oct 03rd 2002
1241 posts
#3. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

Not necessarily my best - I'll keep looking This was taken in October 1977 in Penang, on Batu Feringgi beach in front of the Rasa Sayang Hotel.

It's scanned from a photo so the quality's not the greatest.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

Night_rider666Mon Oct-13-03 08:33 AM
Member since Feb 15th 2002
5340 posts
#4. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

I like this one for the sense of peace....

.... and this one for the sense of symmetry.

'Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity'

System Specs

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

DenbeauMon Oct-13-03 12:33 PM
Member since Nov 12th 2001
2868 posts
#5. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

Mt Rainier from last months vacation

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

giddyrigMon Oct-13-03 02:17 PM
Member since Apr 04th 2002
1684 posts
#6. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

I have a lot of photos of my wife from the Philippines, and some I like better than this one, but I liked the colors in this one for some reason.

My wife's little cousin is quite a charmer!

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

bobboMon Oct-13-03 02:26 PM
Charter member
7376 posts
#7. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

This isn't my best photo, but it's one of my favorites. I call it Moon River.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

npmclMon Oct-13-03 03:52 PM
#8. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

That's nice, bobbo.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

DavyWavyMon Oct-13-03 09:49 PM
Charter member
5419 posts
#11. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

Wow! There are some really nice shots in this thread...

Thanks!!

DavyWavy

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

GroganTue Oct-14-03 03:15 AM
Charter member
20650 posts
#17. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

mmm that one did turn out rather well. I like it.

Grogan

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

ChattanWed Oct-15-03 11:01 AM
Member since Mar 07th 2003
749 posts
#36. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

Moonriver. That is a beautiful picture and a beautiful song too.

I picked up a tip once using a tripod for taking such a shot and a zoom lens. Frame the picture like you have done and zoom up to the moon to make it bigger and take the photo making sure no trees are in the shot. Then reload, holding in the button on the camera to stop the film advancing. Now frame the picture again and re-expose the same frame.

You then get a bigger moon in the same shot.

So if you ever get the chance to go back there you could give it a try.

There are probably more expert people here who can tell you a better way.

MAC

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

DaDwarfsMon Oct-13-03 06:36 PM
#9. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

What makes these pictures special is the fact that they are taken not by a pro with a trained eye but by people that see the beauty in eveyday life. I really like the moods in the different shots.
Here is pic of a dragonfly nymph holding onto the waterlily like he is trying to keep it from opening.
~~
UD/PC911 crunchin'

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

oldgitMon Oct-13-03 08:57 PM
Member since Jan 26th 2002
1442 posts
#10. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

Hi Noreen, I'm no photographer, but now and again, one comes out OK. This is especially true if that picture is of the best two Grandchildren on the planet!!!
Nice thread, hope that it keeps going.
Sincerely,
Richard.
Website http://www.mvessexgirl.com
Athlon XP2600, MSI K7N2 Motherboard with onboard sound, 1x 30Gb 1x 80Gb hdds, , Toshiba DVD,NEC DVD+RW, 1Gb DDR RAM,GeForce 128Mb video card, 450w PSU, OneTouch8600 scanner, Win XP Pro.
“It’s nice to be important, but it’s important to be nice”

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/getDynamicImage.do?memberName=oldgit&mnOn=true&stat=1&imageNum=3&rankOn=false&projectsOn=false&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="125px" height="176px">

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

npmclMon Oct-13-03 09:54 PM
#12. "RE: Your Best Photographs"
Mon Oct-13-03 09:56 PM by npmcl

Here's another one that I like. It's part of the ceiling of medieval Bath Abbey, it's very high.

Come on DavyWavy let's see one of yours!

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

Night_rider666Mon Oct-13-03 10:20 PM
Member since Feb 15th 2002
5340 posts
#13. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

Some really nice shots there

These two I like because of the way they play with perspective.

'Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity'

System Specs

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

DavyWavyTue Oct-14-03 06:46 AM
Charter member
5419 posts
#23. "RE: Your Best Photographs"
Tue Oct-14-03 06:47 AM by DavyWavy

Noreen...

I can't post any more pics cause' my last one put me over the limit...
(I didn't know there was a limit)...not sure how long I will be exiled
but will maybe post one later. These are great shots, aren't they?
Did you see the one Alex posted of Kawai...Kawaui...Kwauaia...that
island over by Hawaii?

And Bobbo's "Moon River"!!!

DavyWavy

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

npmclTue Oct-14-03 07:50 AM
#24. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

I think that the limit (50KB) only applies to that particular post.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

ShellyMon Oct-13-03 11:26 PM
Charter member
58338 posts
#14. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

I used to enjoy taking candid photos in available light. I have thousands of pictures in both color and black & white from all over the world.

This one I just scanned. I took it about 50 years ago in a London pub. It's an interesting character study that will stir the memories of anyone who spent much time in an English pub.

Shelly

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

npmclTue Oct-14-03 07:56 AM
#25. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

That's a good one Shelly!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

ShellyTue Oct-14-03 10:02 PM
Charter member
58338 posts
#33. "RE: Your Best Photographs"
Tue Oct-14-03 10:03 PM by Shelly

Here is another B&W I shot in London half a century ago. Outside the National Gallery, street artists draw pictures on the concrete sidewalk. Here is one that looked up as I spoke to him, and this picture was the result.

Shelly

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

jasonlevineTue Oct-14-03 03:10 AM
Charter member
7607 posts
#15. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

Maybe not one of our best, but I like this one for some reason.

http://www.jasons-toolbox.com/jlevine/Noah/default.asp?PhotoID=P9170046.JPG&AlbumID=200309

- Jason Levine
Please donate to PCQandA!

#16. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

It almost looks like that picture has attitude. Nah... he's too young

Grogan

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

LilJoeTue Oct-14-03 03:57 AM
Member since Jun 28th 2004
17111 posts
#21. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

>It almost looks like that picture has attitude. Nah... he's
>too young
Yeah,10 yrs from now when he does that ,it won't seem so funny

LilJoe

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

Kiwi2022Tue Oct-14-03 05:29 AM
Member since Dec 01st 2002
4697 posts
#22. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

Awwwww, the simple pleasures in life that make us happy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A woman's heart is an ocean of secrets."
Rose Dawson; from the movie "Titanic"

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

Carl DTue Oct-14-03 03:25 AM
Member since Oct 03rd 2002
1241 posts
#18. "How about a really BAD photo?"
Tue Oct-14-03 03:40 AM by Carl D

This was my passport photo that was taken in mid 1977 prior to the Singapore/Penang holiday in October where I took my earlier photo in this thread... oh my goodness!

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

Steve68Tue Oct-14-03 03:39 AM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
32 posts
#19. "RE: How about a really BAD photo?"
Tue Oct-14-03 03:43 AM by Steve68

Just starting out in underwater photography. Here's my best shot of a christmas tree worm. I don't know if this will work

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

GroganTue Oct-14-03 03:53 AM
Charter member
20650 posts
#20. "RE: How about a really BAD photo?"

Very nice, Steve. Interesting creatures, those "sea worms". I saw an interesting documentary once, showing different specimens. Amazing shapes and colours.

I'm commenting on a few here, but I have to say that everyone has posted very nice pictures. I like pictures of scenery most of all, but I also enjoy a "slice of life", like in some of those posted.

Grogan

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

npmclTue Oct-14-03 08:17 AM
#26. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

A stone "half-mole" called Moley in my uncle's garden.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

BigBrotherTue Oct-14-03 10:25 AM
Member since Nov 12th 2001
478 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
#27. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

Here's a couple of my favorites

BIG BROTHER

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

oldhammTue Oct-14-03 11:44 AM
Member since Dec 16th 2001
483 posts
#28. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

This is my brood. It's the only time this year when I've been able to get them to sit still long enogh for a group photo.
Some of you may remember little Elizabeth who was born 1 year ago tomorrow. She was 13lb 6oz then. I don't think she's added much since then.

Malcolm

Attachment #1, (pcqanda file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

sophie tuckerTue Oct-14-03 12:05 PM
Member since Jan 31st 2002
6544 posts
#30. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

really sweet, malcolm. makes me want to go back and do it all over again.

sophie

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

Kiwi2022Tue Oct-14-03 03:42 PM
Member since Dec 01st 2002
4697 posts
#31. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

Isn't this a cozy little place....

It may get damn cold but ya gotta love the beauty of the snow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A woman's heart is an ocean of secrets."
Rose Dawson; from the movie "Titanic"

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

MykTue Oct-14-03 11:56 AM
Charter member
7491 posts
#29. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

--------------
History teaches us that history has taught us nothing.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

bobboTue Oct-14-03 08:34 PM
Charter member
7376 posts
#32. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

I tried to add this one to my earlier post, but my editing window has expired.

I love the macro feature of my Olympus C4040.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

My childrens MumWed Oct-15-03 12:47 AM
Member since Dec 07th 2001
1901 posts
#34. "RE: Your Best Photographs"
Wed Oct-15-03 12:51 AM by My childrens Mum

The Maid of the Mist at Niagara Falls, Ontario

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

ChattanWed Oct-15-03 10:46 AM
Member since Mar 07th 2003
749 posts
#35. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

All beautiful photographs. The house looks all "Christmassy" and cosy even in the snow. A real family home. Shelley's photos are excellent, and express a deep humanism I haven't particularly noticed before. I do now.

The flowers are excellent too and nice crisp focus.

Our family used to live in Singapore and took at trip up the East coast road to Penang en route to the Cameron Highlands. There were still aborigines there at that time who used blowpipes to catch game in the jungle.

I have a LOT of 35mm slides that I would like to get onto CD-ROM from this period, 1958-1961 and from my Fathers trip to Japan via Suez and our family trip from Southampton to Singapore in a troopship. (Nevassa)

Anyone advise on the best equipment and program, and the price range of such, to use for this and B&W photos so I can run a slide show on this 19" monitor?

MAC

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

yogi bear1Wed Oct-15-03 04:44 PM
Member since Mar 30th 2003
10 posts
#37. "RE: Your Best Photographs"
Wed Oct-15-03 05:03 PM by yogi bear1

I took this photo as a reminder of the days of steam which played a big role in the cotton mills in this area. This town (Shaw, Oldham) used to be labelled King Cotton and used to boast more millionaires than the rest of England added together, alas those days have long since gone.
The picture features 4-6-0 Black 5 #45379 built in 1936/37 and I decided to get this as a reminder because the line is soon to close and be replaced by a light transit system.
Pete

Attachment #1, (pcqanda file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

bobboWed Oct-15-03 04:50 PM
Charter member
7376 posts
#38. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

Can't see image, I get the following:

The page you requested cannot be displayed.
Invalid Input Parameter

The information you requested cannot be displayed one or more input parameters has invalid syntax.
If you have any questions, please contact the site administrator.
Click here to go back to the previous page.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

yogi bear1Wed Oct-15-03 05:12 PM
Member since Mar 30th 2003
10 posts
#39. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

I'm sorry bobbo that you can't see the photo but I follow the instructions and when I preview I the get the following message. any ideas what I am doing wrong

The page you requested cannot be displayed.
Invalid Input Parameter

The information you requested cannot be displayed one or more input parameters has invalid syntax.
If you have any questions, please contact the site administrator.
Click here to go back to the previous page.

pete

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

npmclWed Oct-15-03 05:47 PM
#40. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

Pete, is your image in jpeg format and did you click on jpeg in the attachment window?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

yogi bear1Thu Oct-16-03 05:20 PM
Member since Mar 30th 2003
10 posts
#41. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

Hi Noreen
Thanks for your reply, the answer to your questions is yes on both counts.
Pete

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

billys24Thu Oct-16-03 06:17 PM
Charter member
1570 posts
#42. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

Hey peeps....long time no see! I have some pics taken at the ocean a few minutes from my house. This is also where we hold our annual canoe race.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

HoratioFri Oct-17-03 04:33 AM
Charter member
4162 posts
#43. "RE: Your Best Photographs"
Fri Oct-17-03 04:58 AM by Horatio

'Moses'

West African dock worker

1973

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

rocketrobbieFri Oct-17-03 04:47 AM
Member since Feb 17th 2003
1598 posts
#44. "RE: Your Best Photographs"
Fri Oct-17-03 04:52 AM by rocketrobbie

This is Pisew Falls (hissing of the lynx in Cree) about an hour south of where I was born and grew up, Thompson, Manitoba.

This is my son at 6 years old the summer he got up enough nerve to jump of the diving board. This pic still cracks me up. I call it "throwing all caution to the wind".

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

bobboFri Oct-17-03 03:56 PM
Charter member
7376 posts
#45. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

Since we're showing favorite people, here's one of my favorites with my two grandsons and my daughter.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

crazyXgermanSun Jul-25-04 07:44 PM
Charter member
5592 posts
#46. "RE: Your Best Photographs"

not my kid and taken by sandy, not me. still - the cuteness is strong!

tree on kauai - no, i'm not drunk, tree is on a slope...

also on kauai

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

Top The PC Q&A Forum Off-Topic Lounge topic #46255 Previous topic | Next topic