For every question, there's an answer -- and you'll find it here!

Printer-friendly copy
Top The PC Q&A Forum Off-Topic Lounge topic #93895
View in linear mode

Subject: "You're On Your Own!" Previous topic | Next topic
JordanMon Sep-05-05 11:04 PM
Member since Jan 07th 2002
3946 posts
Click to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"You're On Your Own!"

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3kt.htm

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: You're On Your Own!
Sep 06th 2005
1
RE: You're On Your Own!
Sep 06th 2005
2
RE: You're On Your Own!
Sep 07th 2005
3
RE: You're On Your Own!
Sep 07th 2005
4
      RE: You're On Your Own!
Sep 07th 2005
5
      RE: You're On Your Own!
Sep 07th 2005
6
      RE: You're On Your Own!
Sep 07th 2005
7
      RE: You're On Your Own!
Sep 07th 2005
10
      RE: You're On Your Own!
Sep 07th 2005
13
      RE: You're On Your Own!
Sep 07th 2005
8
           RE: You're On Your Own!
Sep 07th 2005
9
           RE: You're On Your Own!
Sep 07th 2005
11
           RE: You're On Your Own!
Sep 07th 2005
12
           RE: You're On Your Own!
Sep 07th 2005
14
      RE: You're On Your Own!
Sep 07th 2005
15
           RE: You're On Your Own!
Sep 07th 2005
16
                RE: You're On Your Own!
Sep 07th 2005
17

JPTue Sep-06-05 01:58 AM
Charter member
9570 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: You're On Your Own!"

I do remember the stuff being said that is being referred to in that article.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

PauliezTue Sep-06-05 07:38 PM
Member since Jun 18th 2003
3160 posts
#2. "RE: You're On Your Own!"

What did you expext. We the people are not the government and we the government are not the people.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

cascaWed Sep-07-05 04:06 AM
Charter member
5759 posts
#3. "RE: You're On Your Own!"

So the flooded buses that were in the news photo running before the storm?

Under Construction

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

EdGreeneWed Sep-07-05 04:51 AM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2649 posts
#4. "RE: You're On Your Own!"
Wed Sep-07-05 04:52 AM by EdGreene

Let's suppose the 134,000 persons without transportation were the non-ambulatory elderly; or mostly blonde, blue eyed women and children?
Would the local governments (all them sumb|tches) have been so cavalier with those lives? Would the busses have run if the affected peoples were of the first two classes of humans?

Are black people Americans; or what? If so, why were they not treated like th first two groups would have been?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

MykWed Sep-07-05 06:38 AM
Charter member
7491 posts
#5. "RE: You're On Your Own!"

Yeah, it's all a conspiracy of that black mayor. He's actually whitey keeping the brothers down and only dies his skin to throw you off. He's actually a Klan member.

--------------
History teaches us that history has taught us nothing.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

cascaWed Sep-07-05 10:10 AM
Charter member
5759 posts
#6. "RE: You're On Your Own!"

The hard sell of racial hatred in view of the response indicates you really are one sick -expletive deleted-, right up there with the best of the race pimps. Blacks were well represented in local governments and failed to provide adequate funds for training to respond. Where was their forward thinking? Where is there responsibility?

The news/government media complex is the one controlling the tv coverage not individuals.

Plus if us whiteys hated dark skinned so much how come our town is turning inside out to accommodate the displaced neighbors.

We do not need hate mongers and trolls at this time.

Under Construction

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

EdGreeneWed Sep-07-05 10:30 AM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2649 posts
#7. "RE: You're On Your Own!"

myk: ">Yeah, it's all a conspiracy of that black mayor. He's
>actually whitey keeping the brothers down and only dies his
>skin to throw you off. He's actually a Klan member.

Hey, you, yeah you dipsh|t! Speak directly to the post if you're going to answer. Stop posting nonsense (like above).

And the word is spelled: "dyes", not "dies", dip face.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

WakkoWed Sep-07-05 12:10 PM
Charter member
5198 posts
#10. "RE: You're On Your Own!"

First, He did respond directly to your post, even if you wish to interpret it differently.

Second, He didn't have to resort to name calling to get his message across.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

MykWed Sep-07-05 01:31 PM
Charter member
7491 posts
#13. "RE: You're On Your Own!"

"Speak directly to the post if you're going to answer."
ROFLMAO, that coming from the pinhead who replied to my post by clicking on the reply link in casca's post.

But wait a minute, you called me a name. Boo-hooooo, this thread isn't about Myk. Why do you continually try to make threads about me?

--------------
History teaches us that history has taught us nothing.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

EdGreeneWed Sep-07-05 11:04 AM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2649 posts
#8. "RE: You're On Your Own!"

>The hard sell of racial hatred in view of the response indicates you really are one sick -expletive deleted-,

At what point did you really lose control: when you dropped your pud to type that tripe? My question dealt with the population left to fend for itself. What happened to them would not have happened had they been elderly, or white women and children. You and everyone reading this knows it.

...up there with the best of the race pimps. Blacks were well represented in local governments and failed to provide adequate funds for training to respond.

Failure to provide funds falls squarely on Bush, not local officials who cannot "fund" what they don't have. Or didn't you know Bush cut the local preparedness budgets? And if you didn't know that, why not?

Where was their forward thinking? Where is there responsibility?

They panicked, in large part because they knew they could not stop what was happening.
The New Orleans Police Department abandoned their posts, which lead to the outbreak of lawlessness. The entire freaking NOPD bugged out instead of providing the security and leadership they are being paid to provide.
And the word is spelled “their” (when referring to possession or possessing), not “there”; meaning where something is located.

The news/government media complex is the one controlling the tv coverage not individuals.

Where did that come from? I never mentioned TV coverage. And your puerile denial won’t change the fact the people of New Orleans were abandoned by law enforcement and civil authorities.

Plus if us whiteys hated dark skinned so much how come our town is turning inside out to accommodate the displaced neighbors.

It took long enough for government and civilians to react. When they hit the WTC, this city (New York), was immediately inundated with help from all quarters. I could see the smoke and dust from the collapse from my roof in Brooklyn. I also saw the that all streets led to the Towers. Not one corner of this country didn’t respond. Not so for New Orleans.

We do not need hate mongers and trolls at this time.

No, we need people like you to stop denying certain things happened which led to the breakdown in New Orleans. That was inaction on the part of civil authorities, both law enforcement and preparedness officials who didn’t enter the affected area for nearly four days.
Try to imagine those folks being elderly whites or predominately white women and children.
Then imagine the President, Governor, Mayor et. al. bickering and posturing instead of diving in to pull them out.
I can’t imagine that and neither can you.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

mlangdnWed Sep-07-05 12:03 PM
Member since Nov 05th 2002
816 posts
#9. "RE: You're On Your Own!"

I suppose one could say that this was nature's version of "shock and awe".

The horror just blew the response away. (That is the kind way to put it)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

bobwWed Sep-07-05 12:32 PM
Member since Nov 24th 2001
2387 posts
#11. "RE: You're On Your Own!"

Hello Mr Greene

Frist of all,nnoe of us hvae rqeusted a
lsseon form you in splleing , or garemr

Would it not make sense to wait until all
the votes are in ,before we declare a winner
or loser ?

Microsoft Windows XP Home
IE Explorer 7.0 2800 1106
330 Intel Celeron Processor
2.66 GHz
256K L2 Cache
533Mhz FSB-60 GB HD

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

EdGreeneWed Sep-07-05 01:00 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2649 posts
#12. "RE: You're On Your Own!"

> Hello Mr Greene
>

> Frist of all,nnoe of us hvae rqeusted a
> lsseon form you in splleing , or garemr

Clever, and funny.

Would it not make sense to wait until all
> the votes are in ,before we declare a winner
> or loser
?

The losers? We know them already: 10,000 dead Americans.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

MykWed Sep-07-05 01:35 PM
Charter member
7491 posts
#14. "RE: You're On Your Own!"

You seem frustrated.
Did the grandkids stick a speaker magnet to your metal plate again?

--------------
History teaches us that history has taught us nothing.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

LesWed Sep-07-05 01:47 PM
Charter member
3684 posts
#15. "RE: You're On Your Own!"

>Are black people Americans; or what? If
>so, why were they not treated like th first two groups would
>have been?

And how do you know how the first two groups would have been treated?

Les

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

EdGreeneWed Sep-07-05 04:06 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2649 posts
#16. "RE: You're On Your Own!"

>>Are black people Americans; or what? If
>>so, why were they not treated like th first two groups
>would
>>have been?
>
>And how do you know how the first two groups would have been
>treated
?

Like I noted, I was in the Emergency (first responder) business. I know, with the same certainty I know my mother's name who is on the first responder "short list". No one is going to let their Granny die if they can help it. Nor their daughters or wives.

You and me both know they would be treated differently, better, with more consideration.

My question about blacks not being treated as others Americans might have been treated has been ignored, just as you did-which bears mute testimony as your answer to the question.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

MykWed Sep-07-05 04:15 PM
Charter member
7491 posts
#17. "RE: You're On Your Own!"
Wed Sep-07-05 04:16 PM by Myk

Explain why the black mayor would not respond to blacks.

History teaches us that history has taught us nothing.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | | Top

Top The PC Q&A Forum Off-Topic Lounge topic #93895 Previous topic | Next topic